Randy's Trip to the Sierras
As some of you know, Rhonda and I are from the Eastern Sierra. We met and married Bishop, and we both enjoy visiting the Eastern Sierra as it showcases the beauty of God's magnificent creation.
If you have never been there you are truly missing out on what many say is the most beautiful, diverse, and majestic place in the world! Yes, even more breathtaking than the Swiss Alps!
In any case, I am planning a little guys trip for those of you who might want to spend a couple days with other like minded men fishing, hiking, and/or just relaxing and seeing the gorgeous fall colors of the Bishop area.
So here is the plan:
1. We are talking about only two, or possibly three days in late October early November. No dates set yet, as that will depend on the schedules of who is going, so we are flexible.
2. We will leave early in the morning on the day we all decide to hit the road so we can watch the sunrise over the Sierra crest as we travel up there. If you have never seen this before, just watching the morning sun hit the 14,000 foot peaks of the Sierra will blow you away and long for heaven!! Yes, seeing this is worth the trip!
3. The plan is that we will caravan together. I can take 3-4 guys comfortably as I have a big truck! And maybe one or two of you will also be willing to take a few guys.
4. There is a great little campground close to town if you want to camp, or we can stay at a local motel. Either is fine with me. This is an inexpensive get-a-way either way.
5. Rest and refresh in this beautiful area by fishing, hiking and sightseeing is what you will most likely enjoy the most.
And.........so if you are interested in joining some like minded men simply respond with the following:
- A few days and dates that would work for you? For example, would a Thursday, Friday and come back Saturday work? Or some other days?
- Would you be willing to caravan up and drive a few guys?
- What activity interests you? Fishing, hiking, or having a sip of whiskey while you enjoy the beauty of some of the highest and most magnificent mountains in the world?
To get an idea of the beauty of the Bishop area, check out this Visitor area website:
I am hoping we can make this a semi-annual type of men's get-a-way, so even if you can't make it this time, please respond so I can log away the info for our next trip.